Job Application Kiosks: Consumer Tips for Using Employment Kiosks and their Related Web sites
- If you have any arrests or suspended convictions in your background, you may want to think twice about agreeing to an “instant” or “national” background check online. Some (but not all) of these national credit checks that are conducted through accessing proprietary databases online pick up and report information that should not be reported, such as suspended convictions.
- As such, the employer may get information they should not under the FCRA. This is a complex area of the law. ESR maintains a helpful set of articles about pre- employment background screenings. 
- If you have been denied employment based on the results of an instant background check, you should be notified in writing of this adverse decision.
- If an instant background check has been conducted and has found a criminal conviction, the company conducting this check is to report to you that they did the check and reported the findings.
- When you use a kiosk to apply for employment, bring a pencil or pen with you so you can write down all contact information that you are given at the kiosk regarding a background check or your application.
 See: < http://www.esrcheck.com/articles/index.php>.
Roadmap: Job Application Kiosks – Why is there less privacy for retail workers?: D. Consumer Tips for Using Employment Kiosks and their Related Web sites