News Release and Event Announcement: International Privacy and Security Conference 2008
The World Privacy Forum is pleased to announce the International Privacy and Security Conference 2008 to be held in Tokyo, Japan, November 11-12, 2008. The World Privacy Forum is the co-host of the conference along with the Japan-based Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE), Social Implications of Technology and Information Ethics, and the Japan Society of Security Management. Tokyo Denki University, Niigata University, Kogakuin University, Keio University, Hitotsubashi University, and Meiji University are among the universities participating in the conference.
This conference is convened for the purpose of gaining a deepened mutual understanding of privacy and security approaches cross-culturally, with the conference providing an international forum for discussing and understanding the different concepts of privacy and security in the US, Asia, and the EU. Through sharing of current practices and ideas, the participants will explore possible bridges between what these concepts mean in different countries both now and looking to the future as well.
- Conference web site: (English and Japanese) http://www.ipsc2008.org/
- Dates: November 11-12, 2008
- Conference location and site: Bellesalle Kudan (Sumitomo Fudosan Kudan Building, 3rd Floor, 1-8-10, Kudan-kita, Chiyodaku, Tokyo, Japan.)
- Translation: Simultaneous translation will be provided in English and Japanese
- Registration and Secretariat information: For registration and general inquiries, please contact Keiko Teruta, Project Coordinator, +81 3 5322 8487. Email: info [at] ipsc2008.org
- Hotel and travel information is available at the conference web site.